Monday

August 4 - Green Island Anchorage, Fish Egg Inlet

Rough start to the day.  The dinghy engine is still not ok.  Rob dropped a bowl of cereal and the non-breakable bowl shattered in a million pieces (I do not exaggerate).  I have seven insect bites on my face, at least two of which are large black fly bites.  As we started toward Green Island, I descended into a fine whine which included a recitation of things that I miss, a very few of which include: not wearing non-marking soles, clean hair every day, a Slurpee on a hot day, a hot day, carrying my things in a purse, the things that I would carry in a purse.   It went like that.  Rob listened but would not engage.  And then, in Fitz Hugh Sound, we encountered a couple of Humpback Whales spouting and breaching.  We stopped our boats to watch a fabulous display and I was immediately back in the zen zone with a smile on my bitten face.  I am excited to be on our way home but I want to enjoy every minute getting there.  We won’t be back here for a long time and I know we’re going to miss it.  This afternoon, Rob fixed the outboard motor on the dinghy(!) and went fishing.  I told him to be careful.  He told me to instead wish him luck.  I told him to be very careful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment