Sunday

July 15 - A Lazy Day in Perfection Cove

It rained hard today.  This morning, during a respite from the rain, Rob and I took the dogs ashore and had a lovely walk on beaches that, later today, will be covered in water at high tide.  Then Rob and Bill went fishing.  It was so nice to stay onboard with Blue and do some writing, drink more coffee than usual, write my blog, read my book, bake muffins and stare out the window at the curious seal looking back at me.  I don’t know what day of the week it is but the rain, the birds and the water moving gently around our boat made the only sounds.  There is a phenomenal and comforting peace out here.  Rob and Bill returned without fish.  However, later Bill and Eileen pulled their crab trap which yielded eight large male crabs (female crabs and those under a certain size must be thrown back).  They threw four back and generously gave us two of the remaining catch.  I gave them four bran muffins.  We do what we can. I excused myself to read in the pilothouse while Rob cooked and cleaned the crab for our dinner; I still cannot do this.  We ate the crab and drank cold white wine.  It is a cool night and the sky is clearing.  Tomorrow we’ll be moving on.

A beautiful islet near Perfection Cove

The view from our boat at anchor
The view from our bow
The yellow lines are our stern line, tied to a dead tree on shore


No comments:

Post a Comment