Saturday

July 26/27 - Troup Passage

After spending the night at anchor in a nice spot near Troup Passage, we parted company with Eileen, Bill and Shelagh, to travel through Roscoe Inlet while they went fishing elsewhere.

Eileen took this great photo of our boat at anchor near Troup Passage
The beauty of Roscoe Inlet defies description.  We knew we were in for something special but still we were blown away.  The Inlet wends its way 21 nautical miles, with each turn revealing different and stunning views of beautiful steep rock faces.  The water is so deep that we were able to put the boat right alongside the rock.  We put the boat in neutral so that we could just soak up our surroundings.  We saw only two other boats, both traveling in the opposite direction.









The steep rock walls prevent the use of VHF radio and so we really seemed alone and  it felt great that we were able to do this by ourselves.  In fact, we were sufficiently relaxed on today’s journey that I baked a loaf of (quite good) bread while underway and Rob put the boat through a series of maneuvers to re-set the auto-pilot.  We've come a long way.

Tonight, still on our own, we anchored back near Troup Passage.  We really like this spot and we are the only boat here.  We had hot dogs and potato chips for dinner.  I am crabbed out.  I am also prawned and salmoned out.  It won't last but for now I am craving spaghetti and tomato sauce and maybe even some canned salmon.  Also, I realize that I am not a hunter and gatherer.  I struggle with seeing my food struggle before I eat it. Can't do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment